TOPS IN CONNECTICUT 2023
A Photography Competition for Individuals Presented by the
Connecticut Association of Photographers
All Connecticut photographers are invited to submit up to five digital images to the 2023 TOPS in Connecticut competition. The photographs will be juried by three qualified judges. The award-winning images and approximately 100 top scoring images will be organized into the 2023 TOPS in Connecticut program. The presentation will be shown online.
Awards: Makers of all selected photographs will receive ribbons. A Best in Show Award will be given to the highest scoring photograph. In addition, special awards will be given for Best Portrait (either formal or informal), Best Landscape, Best Waterscape, Best Open Subject, Best Cityscape, Best Monochrome, Best Creative, Best Photojournalism, and Best Nature (PSA rules). Also, each of the three judges will be asked to select a Judge’s Choice award.
Entry Fee: $10.00 for up to 5 digital images. Fee paid via Paypal at upload or make checks payable to “CAP, Inc.” If paying by check, it must be sent to Antoinette Gombeda, APSA, HonNEC, 817 Chickadee Lane, Stratford, CT 06614 by March 15, 2023.
Deadline for Entering: The website for submissions opens Feb 12, 2023. All photographs must be uploaded by 10pm Sunday, March 12, 2023. Photographs must be uploaded at https://cap.photocomp.org/
Judging: Sunday, March 19, 2023 via a virtual presentation. The public is invited to view live at https://cap.photocomp.org/ The competition will begin at 2:00 pm
1. Only photographs taken and edited exclusively by the entering photographer may be submitted. In the case of composites all components must have been taken by the entering photographer.
2. Identical photographs, near duplicates, different color or B&W versions of same image, or more than one photograph of the same subject (for example the same landscape, same bird or animal species, same portrait subject, etc.) may not be submitted.
3. Photographs entered in previous TOPS competitions are not eligible. Photographers are urged to enter new work.
4. Entries may display a realistic rendition of the subject(s) or be creative, having been manipulated using in-camera techniques or an image editing program. The judges will be asked to judge the photographs for overall photographic impact, not the amount of manipulation required to achieve the effect.
5. Photographs must be in the JPEG format, SRGB profile and will be automatically scaled to a maximum of 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high. The aspect ratio will be preserved.
6. Photographs must be uploaded to https://cap.photocomp.org/ by 10pm on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
7. The photographer may enter one image per category in up to 5 categories.
8. Fees paid by check must be received by March 15th or the images will be disqualified.