Enjoy a day in Rhode Island with fellow CAP members on a 90 minute narrated cruise aboard the Ava Pearl. This is a three year old catamaran which holds 150 passengers with two viewing levels, outside sun deck seating, two clean restrooms, climate controlled interior seating, and a full service bar/galley with light fare. It is the newest, most luxurious sightseeing catamaran in the United States today.
- Date: Saturday, June 20, 2015 (rain date June 21)
- Place: Rhode Island Bay Cruises, 137 Roger Williams Way, North Kingston, RI
- Bay Cruises Phone: (401) 295-4040
- Time: 12:00 p.m. gathering at Quonset Point for a 1:00 sail time. There are picnic tables for those who would like to eat lunch prior to the cruise. Another photo op is the Quonset State Airport right across the street which has some vintage aircraft on display.
- Cost: In person, $30.00 Adult, Senior 60 and older $28.00. Linda highly recommends the advanced reservation discounted ticket price which can be purchased online or by phone. There is an advance purchase $5.00 per ticket reduced fee.
CAP members will have an opportunity to view ten lighthouses: Popular Point, Plum Beach, Dutch Island, Whale Rock, Beavertail, Castle Hill, Lime Rock, Goat Island, Rose Island, and Conanicut. There will be ten different islands: Goat, Rose, Coasters, Gould, Hope, and Prudence covering over 60 miles of RI coastline. Other picturesque sights will include: Jamestown Bridge, Castle Hill Newport, Hammersmith Farm, Newport, Ocean Cliff, Newport, Clingstone "House On The Rock", Jamestown, Fort Adams, Newport, Newport Harbor, Newport Pell Bridge, and sailboats galore. After the cruise we will proceed to Newport, Rhode Island, for more photo ops, touring, shopping, and a sunset (we hope).
CAP members, join us for a full day of fun and photos. Lighting conditions will be harsh at this time of day if the sun is shinning, so bring a polarizer and lens hood. If you want to be part of the CAP group YOU MUST SIGN UP FIRST and you MUST BE A PAID CAP MEMBER including anyone you bring with you. Email Linda Thomas at Humbrd001@Yahoo.com. Please indicate if you would like to car pool, or meet us there. Also include what town you are from and your cell numbers for organizational purposes.
Looking forward to a good group of CAP members on June 20th.